Walk in shower end panel help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi getting a disabled access wet room fitted and the tray is sunk into the floor then covered with vinyl flooring across the whole floor now I have a space at the end of this covered tray to fit a towel warmer only if I go into the tray area a couple of inches

So question is can I fit a shower end glass panel a couple of inches inside this area as there is no tray on show

Thanks

Okay the panel is getting fitted 50mm inside as the whole floor is flat

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Not really. The shower tray wil have a fall on it, so it's not really flat. Secondly, and more importantly, it'll depend on how the panel is fixed to the floor. If it has a channel that it drops into, then the channels going to have to get screwd into the floor, and that means that it'd have to be screwed into the shower tray - not a good idea. And even if the channel is just glued onto the floor, unless there's absolutely solid fixing under the tray, then you risk deflecting it with the eeight of the panel.

See if you can get a different towel warmer, or see if it can be placed elsewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back