Wall and Floor Tile spacing dilemma!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need some advice on tile spacing, would really appreciate your help on this.

I plan to tile my bathroom with 20x20cm and 10x10cm stone tiles, in a brickwork style. The wall tile pattern will go: Two horizontal rows of 20x20cm, 3 rows of 10x10cm and so on, using 4mm and 2mm spacing respectively.

:confused: My dilemma is;
I want to use the same tiles and pattern for the floor, can I still use the same spacing sizes of 4mm and 2mm? I understand that 5mm is recommended for floor tiles but that would screw up the bicking patter and these a small-ish tiles. What do you guys recon?

Thanks, Shaun :D

Sponsored Links
Some grouts will allow for down to 1mm joints - others 3mm, check out the instructions on the adhesive instructions or data sheet.

Can't see a problem with it,you need to lay some of the tiles out to see if its workable.A tight joint is fine providing the size of the tiles is consistant lots of natural stones will vary in size to much to make a 2mm joint practical.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back