Wall/Ceiling - Ive gone over the edges!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Ive painted my walls and ceiling but my hand is about as steady as a bull in a china shop and inevitably ive gone over the edges between my sandstone coloured wall and my white ceiling...

any tips on how to get the perfect edge?

keeping in mind... ive written masking tape off - its either useless, or i carnt use it properly lol...i dont want coving in a modern apartment, although i would settle for something LIKE coving, similar in principal but less than an inch in diameter - does anything exist?

Answers appreciated in advance!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Paint the ceiling first then paint up to it with a good quality brush.

Paint the ceiling first then paint up to it with a good quality brush.

Thanks lol ! Thats what i did, hence '' ive painted ''.... in the context of things, pretty much a useless spot of advise ;) only messin!

you can get wooden "coving" like stuff.. shaped like coving but about 20mm or so square ( or would be ) .. pre-paint it white and then use panel pins and gripfill to fix it up..

alternatively you can get paint "shields".. they are plastic and have a straight edge that you wold to the wall you don't want painted and it stops the brush from overpainting onto the adjoining wall..
think of it as mobile masking..

Sponsored Links
you can get wooden "coving" like stuff.. shaped like coving but about 20mm or so square ( or would be ) .. pre-paint it white and then use panel pins and gripfill to fix it up..

alternatively you can get paint "shields".. they are plastic and have a straight edge that you wold to the wall you don't want painted and it stops the brush from overpainting onto the adjoining wall..
think of it as mobile masking..

ahh sounds interesting! i'll chase that up....B&Q jobby?

get someone with a steadier hand to come help you on that bit ?

SCOTIA ;)

is that what it's called?
usually used for wall to floor on laminate floors..

yeah B&Q should do the moulding, but I saw the sheilds in Wickes if that was what you were asking about..

Can you clean off the bits you have gone over on?

(I'm assuming your talking about emulsion.)

Will it wash off with one of those little yellow & green scouring foam pads & a little elbow grease (with soapy water) ?

Then you can paint the ceiling edges with a straight edge to help you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back