Aquapanel - taping edges to ceiling/wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Quick query (I hope).
I have finished fitting Aquapanel onto my shower walls - all good and ready to fill & tape before tiling. On the board edge to ceiling gap and external wall edge (outside shower area), can conventional plasterboard tape & fill be used, or do I have to use the Aquapanel tape & flexible adhesive like W/P internal joins?

Thanks,

J

Sponsored Links
Any suggestions guys? Naturally for the floor-ceiling application of tiles (cubicle), will tile up to ceiling, and silicone the gap.
I am after a steer on the internal corner where the Aquapanel sheets meet the existing skimmed plastered wall at right angle(vertical internal corner) where advice required. Thanks

to be honest, if your outside the wet area i'd not be too worry about taping at all

Sponsored Links
No probs - was just thinking of getting a smooth internal edge for the join, but was not sure whether Aquapanel would only take bedded fibreglass tape. Used folded paper tape/fill before with margin trowel on PB, and finish good.
J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back