Aquapanel/tiling questions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Got a few questions and looking for a little input if poss.
Recently had to rip out old plasterboard, tiles etc in a bathroom as it was time for a refurb.

Basically there is a bath which has a shower above. It is to be tiled around the bath/shower but the tiles do not go all the way to the ceiling, the stop 18-20 inches (approx) before the ceiling, this section is to be skimmed and painted.
I intend to use aquapanels where the tiles are going and moisture resistant plasterboard above which will be skimmed.

How would you suggest sealing the joint where the aquapanel meats the MR plasterboard, - adhesive, grout, silicone? As mentioned there will be plasterboard above the aqua panels and also to the right of the bath where the shower screen ends so I want to get this joint water tight.

What's the best way to seal the joints where the aquapanels meet each other around the bath-use the available aquapanel tape or just fill with adhesive and then scrim tape?

Do the aquapanels require priming with something like Bal or not? I suspect the panels dont tbh.

Oh and is it necessary to use the ceramic screws for the aquapanels?

Thanks folks. :)

Sponsored Links
Joints in aqualpanel should be filled with flexible adhesive and then tapped over, iwith the ap tape. You ca also use silicone but make sure not to get it on the face of the board as the addy wont bond to it.

Aqua panels dont need priming.

Unless you also using a membrane you need s rews that wont rust. The ap cermic screws are expensive but ordinary stainless steel should be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back