Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am currently renovating my bathroom and will be having tiles on two of the walls, where a shower will sit in the corner and a bath along the same wall. The shower is going where the door currently is. We are planning on using 30x60x10mm porcelain tiles.

Currently one of the walls is back to studs as it was lath and plaster and I am going to use aquapanel on that wall. The other wall is currently plasterboard and skimmed and is in good condition. I Want to use aquapanel on the other wall as the shower is going there to be sure of water resistance and weight of tiles. I have started to remove the plasterboard wall but am I just creating more work than is required?

Can I just overboard the existing plasterboard with Aquapanel? Has anyone done this before successfully?

Thanks in advance

Lu

Attachments

• IMG_4352.JPG
    IMG_4352.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_4350.JPG
    IMG_4350.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_4351.JPG
    IMG_4351.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 336
Sponsored Links
Can I just overboard the existing plasterboard with Aquapanel? Has anyone done this before successfully?
Yes and Yes.
Just make sure you get good sound fixing of the Aquapanal and the the existing wall is also firmly fixed.
As the weight of your tiles are going to be fixed to this.

Thanks for the quick reply. As my walls are pretty sound whatwould you do in my situation: overboard or to pull down and start afresh?

Sponsored Links
What size screws would you use To go through the 12.5mm aqua and 12.5mm+3mm board and then into the stud?

Also one more question when you overboarded aqua in the past I'm guessing that you did not bother trying to locate and fix into the noggins but just secured to the studs? The wall I'm fixing to has no noggins

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back