Cracks between ceiling and wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A lot of cracks where the wall meets the ceiling in our house.
I have been gradually trying to remedy this by using some jointing compound. Putting in some corner tape followed by a 2 or 3 layers of more compound and feathering in. Then to finish off a good sanding to blend in with the rest of the wall/ceiling.

Just wondering if this is overkill as its quite time consuming waiting for layers to dry etc.
Just caulking doesnt seem to work as the crack inevitably come back.

Im onto my next bedroom now and it has an artex ceiling, with a 1 inch smooth border around the edge. Think im going to struggle feathering in but also thinking if i just use a 1 inch plastic scraper or similar the edging will not be noticable due to the artex.

Is there a better way to this. This room is the worst as it has been caulked and is now all lumpy and bumpy around the edge of wall/ceiling so will all need scraping out.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why don't you put some Gyproc coving up. It will hide all the bits and pieces along the ceiling/wall edge. It's a bit of faffing about but once done it's done!!!!

It's not overkill it's par for course although a pro could tape and joint and leave hardly any rubbing down, what roy says is a good idea but would look a bit naff on the artex lid as you won't have the inch brush line

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back