wall cupboard fixings

• Thread starter just-thinking
  • Start date
J

just-thinking

Please can i ask,which are the best fixings to hang heavy wall cupboards to a wall,the wall has poor plaster.about 2 inches of poor plaster then brick behind.these are very heavy cupboards.
thank you for your advice.

Sponsored Links
about 2 inches of poor plaster then brick behind

Is this for real or a typing error? Plaster two inches thick!!!

Whether it's for real or not, for a fixing that will pull the wall down first expanding bolts (often called rawlbolts) are hard to beat. I'd be inclined to fix some wide battens to the wall first (to spread the load under the bolt heads) then hang the cupboards on those with lots of screws.

NB: Go easy with the spanner because you can split bricks with those things. See if you can find some recommended torques. Alternatively, maybe someone more expert will answer this post.

For heating boilers in situation I use Frame Fixings, long enough to go right into the brick - more than twice as many though as you'd use screws into a decent wall.
Some kitchen cabinets have nothing strong at the back to put a screw through though, so yo might want to use big triangular metal plates at the corners(on theback), or a batten fixed across the cupboard.
If you can put a batten on the wall, for the cupd to rest on, you can share the weight over the whole batten

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back