Which (-duty) wall plugs to use for particular jobs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't find information advising what fixing to use for particular purposes. Would it be okay to use light-duty wall plugs to hang a hanging basket? Could you give advice regarding the jobs that the different (light-, regular- and heavy-duty) plugs are suitable for? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you check the manufacturers packaging it will hive you an idea of the duty rating of fixings but don't forget the strength is also dependent on the substrate that you're fixing into.

Light duty fixings will hang a hanging basket when it's empty but once you fill it with soil, plants and water it it will be a floor planter. You're going to need something reasonably heavy duty.

also depends on how many fixing holds there are to hold up.

its a bit like asking how much do I need to turn the steering wheel to turn a corner.

if it works it works

rob

My baskets are held up with brown plugs and 35mm screws.

It's more the length of the fixing which determines if it is light/medium/heavy duty

Brown plugs will do for most things around the house. Use red for lighter things where you want a smaller, less obtrusive hole

Sponsored Links
76808.jpg

7mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back