Wall hung basin/vanity mounting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I'm looking at fixing a wall hung basin vanity but wanted to check how to fix to the wall with the supplied brackets. Can anyone offer any installation advice for the attached mounting type? Pictures would be most helpful.
2016-08-15 18.40.08.jpg

Sponsored Links
That's the usual wall hung cabinet fixings.

The ones in your hand go onto the wall, plate with the holes against the wall with the bend of the bracket facing off the wall, use 3 nice big M5/M6 screws and nice chunky wall plugs for them to take the weight. Loosen off the hook brackets on the cabinet so the hook is as far out as it can get, lift the cabinet up and hook the metal cabinet fixings onto those brackets on the wall and then adjust the screw adjustment on the end of the black brackets to tighten them and pull the cabinet tight to the wall.

Job's a goodun (y)

Nice one. Thanks guys. Presumably the outside ends of the bracket will need to be inside the vanity side to get it to pull flush? The system doesn't give me loads of confidence! Was expecting a full length rail.

Sponsored Links
Nice one. Thanks guys. Presumably the outside ends of the bracket will need to be inside the vanity side to get it to pull flush? The system doesn't give me loads of confidence! Was expecting a full length rail.
I put a bit of silicone on the timber toivhingbthe wall for extra strength.

Yup that's the way. Just make sure the wall is nice and solid and the bracket is anchored very securely and all should be well. As Norton mentions, you can use an additional anchor for extra strength if you need to, just makes it fun when taking it down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back