Wall light flex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it suitable to wire 0.75mm flex from 2 wall lights into one FCU spurred off the ring, or would they have both have to go to separate FCUs?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yeah, that's OK.

Not sure what your switching arrangements are, but if you wire both lights off one switched FCU, they will come on and off together.

Make sure if the fittings are Class I, that you use 3 core flex.

The lights are individually switched so would it be okay to exit the two flexes through the flex outlet on the same fcu? The lights have 2 core flex and are Class II
Regards

It would be okay two 0.75mm flexes to a 3A fused connection on the load side, but if the flexes are to buried they will require RCD protection or mechanical protection if buried within wall less than 50mm (and that chase depth will need to be in compliance of part A of building regs).
The flex will also require to within the permitted safe zones and the requirements of BS7671 say that a CPC/earth should be present, so regardless of the Class II fitting I would still run a 3 core. Not only as it will comply to BS7671 but if you ever decided to install a class I fitting you can.

Sorry, pig, I didn't explain very well about using 3 core.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back