Wall Lights with no main centre ceiling light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had this problem for over a year and my son is now fed up - so I've looked at it again but still cannot make his wall lights work!
I took off his old wall lights, which seemed to eat bulbs - with new wall lights, but forgot to make a note of the wiring!
So - see attached image.
I have a wall switch which has a live feed - (red Cable 1) - also it has another Red, Black, and Earth Cable coming in (although the black cable is cut really short!). Also there is a single black cable.
Light 1 has two cables coming in (both Red, Black & earths wires - although one of the red wires is cut right down).
Light 2 has a single cable with brown, Blue and earth wires.
Can I get it to work - No.
I've tried all sorts of combinations but not had any joy perhaps I need some connection blocks? or red to black connections? \I don't know!
Got really confused when I tried a test to see if the cables work - I wired a cable from wire 1 to wire 5 on light 1 and wires 5,6,8,9 & 10 all became live! - if that helps?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi Andy,
The ceiling light has never been in situ since we brought the house,12 years ago. Always had wall lights, but as I said the bulbs seemed to go a lot hence the new light fittings - was it the cut off wires causing the problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back