Wall mounted pan leak at bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Opaz wall-mounted pan and have a leak at the bottom. Not from the concealed cistern but from the round hole at the bottom center of the pan.
This has been slowly developing over the months and is now a steady drip. I'm not sure of the purpose of the hole. The water level in the WC seems to slowly go down. Could there be a crack in the porcelain?
Thanks

Attachments

• WC leak 4111.jpg
    WC leak 4111.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 52
  • WC leak cu.jpg
    WC leak cu.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 39
Sponsored Links
2 options for the water source (if you are certain its not the cistern)
Waste connection or a crack in the bowl
The hole would have been for the excess slip so follow that back and you have the waste connection.
put some really bright coloured food dye in the toilet. If the leak is coloured you have a crack, if its not you have a waste connection seal issue

Thanks Mr Duffer,
Tried food dye and after a few hours some drips but no colour. What I can't understand is how the water is coming from the small
opening at the bottom of the bowl. It's not coming from where the WC joins the wall nor dribbling down that side but the very bottom of the WC.

My understanding is that the hole is where they hang the pan from when they are dried and baked in the kiln.
Can you put food dye in the cistern, Im thinking the water is from the flush pipe.

Sponsored Links
Judging by the discoloured staining on the wall tile ,I would suspect the pan connector.

If no coloured water from died pan then it can only be the either the pan connector or the flush pipe. Time to take the pan off the wall methinks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back