Installed btw pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Spent the afternoon installing a concealed cistern and btw pan.

Cistern ... no problem

BTW pan ... wee bit of a problem:

Flush pipe entry point - the rubber collar which pushes into the spigot is quite tight, its not dripping but it is still a little wet round the bottom of the pipe ... anything I can do to ensure it is watertight?

I have used a flexible pan conenctor. Fits no problem into the soil pipe (no leaks etc.) Where the pipe fits over the waste spigot on the pan I am getting drips of water when I flush. I have pushed it on as far as it will go.
Again anything I can do to stop this?

Any help much appreciated..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You're supposed to use only the supplied lubricants, though many of us prefer not to use anything. Does mean you have to weigh a lot to get things in sometimes!
Are there any flaws on the critical parts of the pan spigot/sockets?

If everything is clean and lines up without stressing the connection, I find they don't leak.

imo, take it apart and add bead of silicone,let it set before testing

There doesn't appear to be any flaws on the flush pipe spigot, however I did notice the waste spigot has a little chip out of it (the end is still circular - but approx 30mm in, on the bottom there is a small chip out of it) I don't think this is the problem as the rubber seal goes well past the chip - and maintains a tight fit.

The flexible connector is under a little strain - I think it is slightly too long and so the pipe does not come straight out of the spigot... could this be the root of the problem.

Going back to the flush pipe... is it ok to put some silicon around the seal?

Your help is much appreciated..
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Quick update, and rrequest for some more advice....

Replaced the flexi pan connector, with a shorter better quality one. No stress on the connector ... no leaks :) If I have learned anything from this it is not to buy cheap crap from well known diy warehouses.....

On checking the fitting again I noticed the flush pipe was entering the pan at an angle. Shortened the pipe at the cistern and it is now level. When flushing there are no leaks or drips, but I still have a moist patch on the floor...(yes I am hitting the pan!) The odd thing is it is only on one side of the pan, at the right hand side at the back and a little bit down the side. Any clues please... could there water escaping from somewhere on the underside of the pan?

Thanks for your help
Cheers

Its possible you have a hair line crack on the underside of your pan :(
Check all obvious areas first but if no sign of leak you will have to inspect the underside of your pan :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back