Wall Oil Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All

Proposing to install a wall hung oil boiler shortly. I usually install Grant and have done a couple of wall hung before but the client has expressed a preference for Worcester.

I have heard that the Worcester models are more awkward to install and service than the Grant?

If anyone could clue me up it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
Worcester??? 10 Foot and Barge Pole come to mind!!

HRM (of wall star fame) also make "On wall" external boilers as well as the Wallstar ("in wall") types - personally unless pushed I would not fit an in wall boiler ! the grant wall hung is pretty decent boiler TBH ;)

External boiler much easier. On the floor.
These things weigh a ton.

HRM do and external wall mounted one which would be my bet if it had
to go on the wall.

Been repairing two worcester wall mounted ones fairly recently WM51 or something.
Utter rubbish and very inefficient.
Don't know if the later ones are any better.

Sponsored Links
My money would be on an HRM every time for a wall mounted/in wall installation. If you are the engineer who will be working on it afterwards do yourself a huge favour and don't fit a Worcester no matter what your customer says (for some reason the general public have a high opinion of them but envy one who works on them will have a very different view). Grants vortex range is normally very good but the wall mounted are awkward to do anything to inside the casing. HRM are the only ones in my view to do a small chambered wall hung unit with any degree of success.

Look also at Hounsfield Boilers (Andrew Hounsfield is ex Boulter/HRM)
Phone him - his wall mounted oil boilers are very new to market and not yet on the website - excellent small Company values and a very good boiler as well, I am now fitting these regularly (oh I am a Service engineer - they are very easy to work on too) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back