wall to ceiling sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys.

Bathroom

I have some black wall tiles and the ceiling is white, at the top where the tiles are slightly uneven, I will be running a bead of sealant.

I have tried using white dow 785 san sealant, masking the tiles, running the soapy finger along gently and then removing the tape and running it again.

well it just looks cra* I have done a fair bit of caulking and I ok, just ok. But this looks horrid. The black tiles show through really bad at the edge of the sealant and it looks really wonky and cra* they are glossy granite and well shiny

What would you guys use please.,

I was thinking of using black, as I have some that matches he tiles quite well. I have used this where the tiles meet another wall, above the bath.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
What would you guys use please.
Grout.
However, if you've made a mess of the tiles and want to hide the edges, you can use decorators caulk. Mask off the edges as you have been doing, then, when dry, mask off again and paint the caulk the same colour as your ceiling.

Ok I have done this and it looks ok now.

but I do have some other problems..... and its silicone again!

One wall is Black with black grout, and the other wall is white, with white grout.

Where they meet I have run a bead of 785 down them... It looks SH*T .

I got it all off with spirit, and tried to mask it and do it again, it had a really bad ridge, so I ran the wet finger down it.... well on the black it looks so bad...

don't no what to try next?

Darren

Sponsored Links
Ok I have done this and it looks ok now.
Which did you do - grout or caulk? Oh and you're welcome. ;)

but I do have some other problems..... and its silicone again!

One wall is Black with black grout, and the other wall is white, with white grout.
Why on Earth....

Where they meet I have run a bead of 785 down them... It looks SH*T .
I got it all off with spirit, and tried to mask it and do it again, it had a really bad ridge, so I ran the wet finger down it.... well on the black it looks so bad...

don't no what to try next?
If you finished your coloured grout off neatly, you could use clear grout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back