Paintable Sealant in Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a paintable sealant to seal the internal corners of my shower cubicle. I've just finished the walls with white metro tiles and have used a dark grey grout to grout up the joints.

I ran a bead of white silicone from top to bottom but it looked crap ( workmanship as much as anything else ) so was thinking of reapplying and touching up where the grout lines meet with dark grey paint/permanent marker.

I believe that Silicone based products don't take paint well whereas Acrylic sealants ( caulk etc ) do.

Any recommendations as to which product might be suitable for a wet shower environment?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That's a lot of effort and relies on your painting to be really steady or....

Grey coloured sealant

I thought about using the grey sealant but would then i'd have a full grey line which almost has the same effect as a full white one. Alternating the two would also be a nightmare so the painted option came to mind. ( Probably a stupid idea but I do tend to over-think things. I'd never make any money as a tradesman. )

Any sealant that takes paint won’t be waterproof , so terrible idea.

Sponsored Links
Not a recommendation but Ive used weather mate externally around some frames and paint sticks to it.
As said paint in a shower aint going to work!!

Attachments

• 96E61512-C560-462D-AC15-422E91A8EE56.png
    96E61512-C560-462D-AC15-422E91A8EE56.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back