Cloakroom tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I’m about to rip out my downstairs cloakroom. It’s a not so impressive 1.7m long by 0.7m wide.

Anyway I have learned my limitations so will be paying someone to do the tiling. The current plan is to tile half way up in probably a white gloss metro with a dark grout. The top half will be painted some dark colour. The room has no window so no natural light and the house is modern.

I’m really stuck on the floor tiles, I’m drawn to some light grey patterned type ones but am unsure what they will look like in a modern house with a modern sink/toilet.

I’m also a little bit drawn to a light colour mosaic, again with a dark grout. I know you can lay some of these on floors but somehow feel with the amount of grout and 2 young kids I’m asking for trouble.

It’s only a small room and a lot of the plain tiles I like tend to be in huge sizes. Not sure 60x60 or even 60x30 will look right in such a small room.

what would you do? Is mosaics a good/bad option?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back