Wall unit sized system boilers? Glow worm flexicom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a 30kw system boiler that will fit inside a kitchen wall unit. All Ive found so far are 2 by glow worm - flexicom hx and flexicom sx both 280mm deep which fits my 300mm deep cupboard. I dont know which one of these is best but Glow-worm's technical advice line is rubbish and a rip-off at 50p/m so Im looking elsewhere. Does anyone have any ideas on other boilers that might do the trick?

Sponsored Links
I believe Vokera have a new one that's small. The Broag-Remeha Avanta 18v is a heat only, not system boiler and is small.

Glowworm best avoided.

If you want reliability which I presume you do, build your kitchen around the boiler not vice-versa. There's a reason why continental condensors seem to last and it's mainly that they use larger heat exchangers which don't have to rely as much on pump overrun.

Thanks again chaps. Replies as follows;

Nixt-I presume your pointing me towards a larger boiler?..with larger heat-exchanger?...btw is a stainless steel exchanger much better than aluminium?..A floor-mounted one would probably fit best in a base kitchen unit but there dont seem to be many about to suit my system?

Simond-the avanta 18v is only 18kw and the system boiler is 24kw but i need about 28-30kw; The vokera is 358mm deep so is too big for 300mm cupboard.

Sponsored Links
I need a 30kw system boiler that will fit inside a kitchen wall unit. All Ive found so far are 2 by glow worm - flexicom hx and flexicom sx both 280mm deep which fits my 300mm deep cupboard. I dont know which one of these is best but Glow-worm's technical advice line is rubbish and a rip-off at 50p/m so Im looking elsewhere. Does anyone have any ideas on other boilers that might do the trick?

the only difference between these boilers is the hx is a normal boiler suitable for open vented or sealed systems, and the sx is a system boiler for sealed systems. nice easy fit and good flue options

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back