Wallpapering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am about wallpaper a box room that has 1 door and 1 window.
Where is the best place to start the papering??
t.i.a John

Sponsored Links
Main wall of room which is normally a focal point,
measure to centre of wall , draw line down making sure its vertical, place centre of first length of paper over centre line so its equal both sides of centre line, then carry on hanging the paper making sure paper is well pasted and soaked as per instructions.

Thanks BW so I will start at the centre of the window,,,,
Do you have any tips for papering AROUND the window?? I am talking about that awkward bit when you have the top and the side to cut and obviously don't have enough paper.
I have done papering loads over the years but my good lady wants it done this time without the moaning and bad language. :) Thanks again

Sponsored Links
I would chose the main Blank Wall as the centre. You can then adjust the pattern in the corners.

When you get to the Window with a pasted length I always cut the Paper from the top with a knife down to the window wall edge, discard this piece of paper turn in the rest of the paper into the reveal, then cut another piece of the paper to match in with the pattern above the window and then turn the bottom of the paper into the reveal,( adjusting with a spirit level) this ensures the pattern is running level across the top of the window and matches the pattern in the reveal sides of the window.
Do the same with the bottom piece of paper with a spirit level against the window wall edge, discarding the piece under the sill again this ensures the pattern is running horizontal.
edges can be stuck down using overlap adhesive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back