Walls skimmed over the door casing & architrave fitted!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I removed the old skirting and architrave and had the walls skimmed. This was done over the door casing, I then had new architrave fitted and this was done over the plaster leaving the edge of the new plaster poking out between the front of the architrave and the door casing!

Can anyone help suggest the best way to sort this out and smarten it up?

Many thanks, Darren.

Sponsored Links
Depends how much it is proud. Clean back the doorframe itself and think about

-you could rebate the back of the architrave so that it fits tight to the frame but allows the plaster to fit in the rebate

- you could get a strip of wood on the door frame to build it out level with the plaster, then fix the arxhtrave. You can get various trims in B&Q etc

Or if it is just a millimeter or 2, it might be possible to cut off the poking plaster and run a bead of caulk to cover the joint between the architrave and the door lining.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, ive cut the plaster that was poking out off now and in the process of filling/caulking it now.

Yep 2 on the trot, I was at work when the guy came round to do the skirting/architrave, he said the round bay window couldnt be done with MDF and he did "give it a go" but it wouldnt take and i'd have to buy a pine moulding for that. Well a month later i was about to order the skirting and thought i'd give it a go 1st and hey presto the MDF went round fine so i did it myself. The plaster wasnt a great job either. Its put me right off tradesmen (no offence to the good ones here)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back