Want shower but not sure which type???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm wanting to install (or have installed) a shower. Space is a constraint so it will have to be over the bath (no separate cubicle).

My system is gravity fed for the hot water and doesn't have a header tank (the cold comes straight from the mains). CH is pumped if that's of any consequence.

The bath has a mixer tap, but the HW pressure isn't sufficient for it to work (the hot water tank's bottom is the same height from the ground as the bath taps)...

I'd prefer not to have an electric shower as they always seem weak to me, but do I have any other options?

Sponsored Links
Why not go for a power shower. You can buy very solid pumps that will feed the shower at a very fast rate. The water feed will have to be seperated so not to cause too many problems. Any good DIY store will give you as much info as posdsible. My problem was getting the water and my boiler sorted. They went overboard with the pipework.

I'd love a power shower, but thought there was some issue with me having mains cold and gravity fed hot?

No, you cannot connect mains pressure to a power shower but you could take a feed from your cold water tank so that the hot and cold are gravity.

Sponsored Links
A Mira ATL Thermostatic mains fed shower is the best 'mains cold' shower I have fitted. You will need an electrician to wire the thing in. cos it needs a cable the size of my wrist (slight exaggeration there) but they give very good performance, maintaining the water temperature to +/- 1 degree C, provided your mains water pressure is good enough... so no hot/cold spurts if someone else uses mains water while you are in the shower... and no, I don't work for Mira.
Have fitted several of these where fortic tanks have been fitted... customers very happy with them. They are expensive mind you... you get what you pay for...

Gasman1015 said:
No, you cannot connect mains pressure to a power shower but you could take a feed from your cold water tank so that the hot and cold are gravity.

Hi Gasman1015, I don't have a cold water tank!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back