Want to Exterior Insulate under PVC Cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to uPVC clad the rear of my property, as I like the look & my current wall is pebbledash render (which I hate the look of!).
My plan is to batten with timber & fit the uPVC cladding.
As it is a north facing room (Kitchen), it can be quite cold in the Winter - I am exploring the idea of putting insulation between the render pebbledash & the uPVC cladding.

Is this something that is viable? Was thinking something 10-20mm thick (the polystyrene boards?).
Not sure where I should put breathable membrane if needed.

Anyone with any ideas/input?

I plan on DIYing to give me something to do!
Its only about 15sqM that need doing.

Sponsored Links
You can do that and don't need a membrane.

I can't see the point of 20 mm of polystyrene, which is the least effective insulation material and not much better than if you just left an air gap.

Sponsored Links
Yes any of the foil faced boards, which are approximately three times as good as the same thickness of white polystyrene.

Thanks for the replies - should be enough to work from.
I was going to go with homeline upvc as they will deliver direct to me - but will take a look at the alternatives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back