Want to learn electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hye

I'm new to the electric game but have some knowledge. I have come from car electrics which i have a very good knowledge of, but now i want to challenge the main stuff.
I would just like to kniow what is needed for wiring a series of spot lights with a switch.

We can assume that there is a live wiring coming from the consumer unit. What i would like to know is what is needed now to install the switch and lights.

Pleas ebare with me as i'm new but hopefully i should be able to become a good sparkie with the help of you guys.

Also if you have any good websites then that would be great

Shab

Sponsored Links
you need quallifications to become an electrician, something we dont give on this forum.

but as for your lights, look in for refernce

a series of spotlights with a switch? easy. put it this way, you need the live to be switched, and the neutral goes straight to the lamps. Several ways of doing it. look in for reference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back