Want To Level My Sloped Lawn.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a sloped lawn, and just needing some ideas to level, I don't need to add soil I need to take it away, as my paving slabs are lower than than the highest part of the lawn, is the obvious solution a mini digger, or is there other ways, if it is the mini digger as a solution how would you even obtain one of those, Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I've just priced up the hire of a 1.5t mini digger/excavator.
For 5 days, Mon-Fri cost is just short of £300 with a £500 deposit. I was also advised by the hire company to take all round photographs AFTER it had been dropped off and before the driver drove away. They said it's to protect myself more than anything as if the driver damaged it en-route I would have no come back if I had no proof.

Sponsored Links
Any adverts for man and digger for hire you may get it done in a couple of days for the same money.

How much are you talking about?
What size is the lawn, and assuming it's ok at one end, how much too high is it at the other?
If the grass is ok you could hire a turf cutter and roll up the lawn, then remove excess soil and relay the original grass.

Or scrap the lot, level the area and seed/turf the new one.

Side access is a bonus especially if you're lugging a lot of soil.
You can also hire powered wheel barrows if you're dealing with a lot of soil.

A couple of ways to level.
I generally use A as no soil to dispose of and maybe grade out top and bottom instead of retaining structures.
I once constructed a doubles tennis grass court into a hillside with A method
IMG_20210408_151143339.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back