Wanted: Reliable Wireless Plug-In Doorbell C/W 2 Receivers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does this exist, without spending £80+ on Friedland/ Honeywell?

Sponsored Links
I used Aldi units to start with, however found the plug in type a pain taking up sockets I wanted to use, although they had a socket it sticks so far out of the wall plugging a phone charger into the door bell unit it was a lot of strain on the socket, so I bought three Lidi battery door bells, same single door push rings all three units. One in living room, one top of stairs and one in kitchen. Also resulted in two spare door pushes. Using three units as the battery goes flat you still hear the others so are alerted to change battery.

Mother uses a far more expensive unit she has separate bell and answer unit, but the door bell can be configured to ring the cordless phone. With the phone like door bell that can be made to open the door remotely as well as ask who is there. I got them from here not cheap cost £60 but can ask what people want without opening the door.

Does this exist,

If the button on the door is less than a few feet from the receiver(s) then the answer is .....maybe

What may be reliable when installed may become un-reliable when the environment changes ( for example new electronic equipment installed and more RF energy radiated )

Sponsored Links
Reliable and wireless don't go in the same sentence for me! I was forever changing batteries in the sender, that was with a Friedland model which I thought was the bees knees.
How about a nice loud wired ding dong which makes the house shake!

Thanks everybody. I have plumped for the Lloytron system. Let's see how cheap and cheerful goes!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back