War Is Brewing.

What a pity Angela has retired. She has more experience of dealing with Putin and the Russian Empire, from inside and out, than any other world leader.
She speaks fluent Russian, has more brain power than all the RWR leaders put together (and multiplied) and is a proponent of peace (like the EU).

Sponsored Links
Yes that's what I was alluding to, do you think the EU will achieve being a dominant western superpower by poking bears with a stick and running away?
I suspect they were more interested in poking the USA.

Some countries have found poking the big bad bear can be bad news.

Actually I doubt if anyone intends to send troops in. The threat is the usual sanctions but C4 produced a number of graphs indicating that they may be prepared.

A man from Estonia said he had 1200 UK troops there waiting to fight - seriously? The fact that they are there and probably similar elsewhere and relatd factors seems to be what is bugging Russia.

Best bear in mind that the arms race has never stopped and in that area it would be extremely unwise to assume that they have fell behind.

Lithuania
Latvia
Estonia
All with large ethnic Russian populations are wary / concerned of Moscow’s intentions

Germany has strong commercial ties with Moscow.

The French ;) have called for the EU to begin talks with the Kremlin over Ukraine possibly excluding the US from any talks :)

EU humiliated by Brexit Britain as Germany's Scholz forced to deny Biden snub (msn.com)

German media outlet Der Spiegel reported that Mr Scholz turned down an invitation last week to fly to Washington to meet the US President amid mounting tensions between Russia and Ukraine. But both the White House and a spokesman for the German Chancellor denied the claim.

Former Downing Street chief of staff Nick Timothy took to Twitter to compare the UK and the EU's response to mounting war fears on Ukraine's border where Russia has amassed an estimated 100,000 troops.

Mr Timothy said: "I can remember when Brexit Britain was a tool of Russian foreign policy and the EU was a tower of international strength."

It comes after the British national anthem trended on Twitter in Ukraine in response to the UK sending weapons to defend the eastern European country.

The New Statesman's international editor Jeremy Cliffe tweeted: "'God Save The Queen' is trending on Twitter in Ukraine - a reference to the flow of British arms deliveries."

Anton Spisak of the Tony Blair Institute added: "It is now clear that Ukraine will be an opportunity for Britain to set the parameters of its post-Brexit foreign policy and a demonstration to the EU that, despite all its rhetoric, it needs close ties with Britain as much as Britain needs the EU."

GB News presenter Darren Grimes also said on Twitter: "God Save the Queen is trending in Ukraine in thanks for our support. Be proud to be British."

Meanwhile, Germany is reportedly blocking NATO ally Estonia from giving military support to Ukraine by refusing to issue permits for German-origin weapons to be exported to Kiev as it braces for a potential Russian invasion.

It comes as the Russian defence minister accepted an invitation to meet Defence Secretary Ben Wallace amid escalating tensions with Ukraine.

Sponsored Links
When the s**t hits the fan, the EU will be as effective as a wet lettuce as it will be too busy arguing amongst their 27 selves on what to do about it :(

I took a bit of world news in for a change. The biggest concentration of Russian stuff is 250km from the boarder. Some smaller ones closer. I've heard 100km or so but Aj didn't say on those. It seems Russia has had 100,000 troops close before so in that respect nothing new. RT's view a bit slanted. Mostly based on the number of NATO troops close to their boarder. Looks like the USA has now sent ~$350m worth of weapons. ;) Uk ;) £10's worth - no numbers mentioned. They are all said to be defensive weapons. Not so sure about shells. Gifts or debts? Seems Turkey is sending drones. It seems pretty certain that the war that got the current insurgents into power is still going on and has never stopped and just in the East. No indication of numbers. Pot shots at each other. Shells next? Russia reckons that the current lot in power has been pretty clear to anyone who wants to be Russian - leave. They have also said we sent obsolete stuff - info for Russian citizens. They would be more worried about the USA equivalents. The overall view of the observer is that the weapons would mean a more costly invasion as far as Russia is concerned but not prevent it. View on intentions - pass. Usual possibilities.

;) What they need is a referendum. That would be democratic and ;) not have any people objecting to the result.

She speaks fluent Russian, has more brain power than all the RWR leaders put together (and multiplied) and is a proponent of peace (like the EU).

I see the UK's defence secretary is flying out to Moscow imminently. Anyone from the EU going?

I see the UK's defence secretary is flying out to Moscow imminently. Anyone from the EU going?

What do you expect him to achieve? He will get a mention in the news. Red Meat Great Britain etc. He isn't even impartial. We even have USA nukes here.

I served in the Army during the cold war, we knew NATO forces would be over run within 48 hours, & we would probably be dead within 24 hours. Training in full NBC gear with respirator was excruciating. But the BAOR has gone & times have changed. Russia would be stupid to kick off now, totally surrounded by NATO bases, NATO would kick Russia's arse. The threat is tactical battlefield nukes, only needs small one, & the **** will hit the fan. I will be sitting outside in my chair, facing Manchester / Trafford Park, waiting for my million degree sun tan.

The threat is tactical battlefield nukes, only needs small on
Neutron bombs. Seem to have been banned as far more useable.

The cold war just has a different face now. War isn't the same as it has been in the past either. It's not so reliant on foot soldiers.

Sponsored Links
Back