Warhammer 4x6 table extension.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

New to the forum, came across it as I am doing a project to create a 4x6ft warhammer board.

To be clear a 4x6ft board is 3 2x4ft 12mm MDF boards that are rested together ontop of a dining room table, the boards will overlap on all edges of the table.

Generally when played like this no one of course leans on the boards etc however I want to make them a bit more sturdy.

The boards need to come apart for storage and transport. I want to add a border of wood (strip wood i would think) to stop dice etc falling off the table and to add some LED accents etc.

My question is how would I go about more securely join the MDF together for play but have it able to be split and stored safely for movement and storage.
The top of the MDF must remain free of any screws, fixtures etc. However the side and underside are fine to add fittings to.

Sponsored Links
Get some suitably sized brass hinges, screw them on tightly then cut the pin out. Replace the pin with a nail or some rod that is similarly sized to the pin you cut out. You can use dowels (brass or wood) for extra locations if you need. Look at what the model railway guys do.

Nozzle

Ah nice, didn't think about model railway, the brass hinges is a good idea I did think about that but wasn't sure if there was something more suitable.

Sponsored Links
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baoblaze-S...ocphy=1006864&hvtargid=pla-561355841234&psc=1

Clasps similar to these are what model railwayers use to join base boards together for shows.

I would make a wooden pocket which slots over the ends of your table so your base board can't lift up once you have secured them together using clasps
( Timber shaped to an L which your baseboard attaches to, so you can slide the baseboard on to the table )

Ahh perfect thats exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much

Hi,

i did something similar but I used lofting board from B&Q. For less than £20, I had a super solid surface and it split into 4 foot by 1 foot strips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back