warix/york flange 28mm piping??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a power shower. I currently have a male fitting on top of the hot water cylinder connected to a 28mm pipe which feeds the hot water to house. There is a vent pipe teed off this 28mm pipe back up to cold water tank in loft.

What sort of flange do I need? do they make them in these pipe sizes? I have googled for info but can't find anything with 28mm pipework?

The male thread out of the top of the cylinder is inch and a quarter (32mm?). I would prefer not to have to drill another hole in the cylinder. I was hoping I could fit a flange on this male fitting and re-connect the 28mm pipe to the top and a 22 mm new feed to the pump from the side of the flange.

Its a Hercal 208L double feed indirect cylinder ht 1500mm diam 450mm

Help appreciated as always

Sponsored Links
put a 28/22 reducer on the 28mm dhw feed pipe and connect to your york flange.

The male thread out of the top of the cylinder is inch and a quarter (32mm?) All the York flanges seem to be 1". Would you fit a 1 1/4" to 1"reducer below the flange?

Thanks for the help BTW!!

if your measuring it across the top of the fitting a 1 1/4" it is a 1" bsp thread. sounds strange but thats how it is.

if you have a 15mm fitting handy measure across the top it will measure 20mm but actually be a 15mm bsp.

Sponsored Links
Thanks so much for your help here. Now its all clear! If I understand it right I just need to get a York Flange with a 1" female base. This will fit onto the 1" male cylinder fitting. I disconnect the existing dhw supply, fit the flange, reconnect the original 28mm DHW supply using a 22mm to 28mm reducer and fit the 22mm dedicated supply to the new pump to the horizontal flange connection.

Really appreciate the prompt help.

ok-wink.gif

Just thinking things thru while waiting for flange to be delivered.........

1. Will the decrease to 22mm in the 28mm hot supply to the house by fitting the flange affect the flow at taps?

2. I am planning to route the 22mm pipes from the airing cupboard shower pump back up to the loft and across to the shower, dropping pipes down between a stud wall. I am aware you need to consider headroom between cold tank and shower head, but what about cold water tank and these feed pipes in loft. There is approx 30mm.

3. What size pump would you recommend if I want to potentially feed ano shower later. I am thinking of a Stuart Turner Monsoon 1.5bar twin, or do I need bigger?

Thx Ray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back