Warm roof deck design - is this modification OK?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a roof which is being totally redone from scratch, new rafters, everything.

The top is flat, pitched at the sides,l so nothing too complex.

Traditionally, a warm deck roof design has insulation sitting on top of the roof, as per image below.

My question is this: in between the plasterboard ceiling and 1st layer of OSB3, is there any reason I cannot fill that void with Rockwool insulation, marked with a red X, below?

Attachments

• Warm Flat Roof Design 2.jpg
    Warm Flat Roof Design 2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 207
Sponsored Links
Watch it does not interfere with any proposed lighting (downlights) or cables/pipes etc.

I will be using Rockwool RW3 (60kg/m3 weight), I have used it in walls before, it is a semi-rigid slab that can be cut with ease. I am using LED downlights, so no heat displacement, plan is to cut out circles in the plasterboard and also in the Rockwool. The layer of plasterboard in my pic will house the downlights. :)

Sponsored Links
I have a question about sarking boards, do I post a different thread or should I stick it in here?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back