warmflow 90 system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my warmflow boiler has decided to throw a wobbler, having changed 3 oil pumps on the rielo burner it has now thrown up a bew problem

the boiler is not firing up, there is no lock out lamp up and pressing the lockout lamp does nothing but after looking on here i read about a thermostat reset button, the only thing that i could think of was a button inside the grey power box which has the temperature control dial on and a little plastic disc which can be taken off to reveal something that you could push a small screwdriver into. i did this although it didnt feel like a button.

i did all this with the boiler power off then when i turned it back on using the switch on the wall it fired up straight away, problem is that the boiler needed to be "reset" every time we wanted heating or hot water, this morning i went to see if it was working and was not shocked to see that it wasnt so i turned the power off on the wall waited 20 seconds then turned it back on and straight away she fired up again!

any ideas on the problem as i was perhaps thinking a fuse or something but it cant be that cos it does run so maybe a thermostat or something??? any help greatly appreciated

cheers

Sponsored Links
When you say the boiler is at L/O is the Burner dead or can you hear the Motor/Fan running constantly?

no noise at all, its as if no power is there at all, but then once the actual power has been turned off for 20 secs and turned back on the boiler starts with all the usual purge and burner noises and fires without any problem, until the next time it will need switching off and on again as it goes back to its dead state

Sponsored Links
Could be a Programmer problem I can't think of a component in the boiler that would cause these symptoms ;)

is there built in programmers or just the ch and hot water timer that is on the wall

i thought i read another post about a thermostat problem which could cause the boiler to not run

Is this just a system boiler, or a combination boiler? On the combi there is a pcb and relay which caould cause your problem with stray current holding in a relay. Taking all power from the boiler will allow it to reset. If your boiler does not have a relay, then it is difficult to diagnose from a distance.
What burner is fitted to your boiler? Riello 40 or RDB?

it is an RDB burner, the boiler is a system boiler which feeds the hot water cylinder and the underfloor heating, the problem is still happening although its not too much of a rush at the moment to fix as we have solar hot water and the house is still warm but the time will come when the wife will tsart moaning

i'm thinking that maybe its the box that the power lead is wired into with the temperature control of the boiler is the problem, but i'm definately no expert

You boiler thermostat has gone and the boiler is tripping out the high limit thermostat.

looking in the boiler manual there are quite a few different stats, i'm thinking that it must be a "boiler limit thermostat" which has the warmflow part No 281
any ideas and how do i change the stat. i thought it would have been the whole grey box part but obviously not!

Has the story suddenly changed?? :confused: I thought you had tried all the reset buttons to no avail - but turning off the power for a few seconds and then on again brought the boiler back to life.... if this is the case how on earth is replacing the overheat stat going to make any diffrence :confused: :confused: :confused:

perhaps you should start again!

thats the problem i aint got much of a clue when it comes to the whats wrong with things, if ive got a part i can generally change it

like i said turning the power off for 20 secs or so will do it although earlier i did have to pull the plastic bit out and push a screwdriver in to a hole to make it work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back