Warmflow 90

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my warmflow 90 utility oil boiler, exactly one year old. Was working fine noticed there was no hot water, went to garage and could hear boiler running. I turned it off for a few mins then back on, flow diverters move, water pump runs, burner makes noise as if running but nothing gets hot, all pipes inside boiler staying cool, burner continues to run and doesn't lockout, the noises coming from the boiler don't change until I turn it off again, I really hope someone can help, thx

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ah yes, it's a riello burner, I'll get a new photo cell for it then, let's hope for local stock, thx guys for yr input, I'll let u know how it goes.

You could disconnect the photocell to see if the burner then goes to lock out to prove duff P/C.

If the control box is working it should go to lock out with the cell disconnected not run the motor constantly...

Isn't this boiler still under warrantee?

What photocell fault would prevent it from trying to fire up? ( Apart from being disconnected ! ).

Isn't this boiler still under warrantee?

What photocell fault would prevent it from trying to fire up? ( Apart from being disconnected ! ).
Peculiar to Riello, a faulty photocell will hold the burner in permanent pre-purge. Disconnecting the photocell will let the burner start, but go to lockout after 5 secs. Try cleaning the lens, even if it looks clear, it sometimes works.

Well we will know in a while cos I have the part, just gotta fit it, although I can't see where the wiring goes, wish me luck

Works a treat, there was the smallest leak from the pump valve, trickled behind expansion tank and worked its way onto the contacts for the photo cell, I expect that changed the resistance and hence created this fault, I haven't tried the old one back in to confirm, no point tempting fate hey. Thx everyone for yr help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back