Warped MDF problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased several MDF wardrobe doors from B&Q but unfortunatly not got round to fitting them yet. I have now returned to fit the doors after 2-3 months to find that they have warped in the middle. Could this be because I left them standing against a wall for the 2-3 months?

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I get the doors to return to normal?

Sponsored Links
I have purchased several MDF wardrobe doors from B&Q but unfortunatly not got round to fitting them yet. I have now returned to fit the doors after 2-3 months to find that they have warped in the middle. Could this be because I left them standing against a wall for the 2-3 months?

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I get the doors to return to normal?

Two things you could try...................

Firstly, if there are 3 hinges to fit with each door you could try adjusting them to suit to see if it improves the problem or.............

Personally I would lay them against the wall for a few days, turned around so that they may straighten out.. check them every day to see any improvement.

Steve

:D

hi jd, with mdf if i leave it for any period of time i lay it flat otherwise as you say it warps or bows,to sort it back out put it on two supports under at each end of the door, bout 4inch high will do it, put the door on it bowed side up and put something heavy on it like a car battery in the middle, put it on slowley and if you think it will crack stop, leave it for a few days. but keep checking it and it should sort it out to some degree, i dont think that it will bow the otherway :LOL:

its worked for me loads of times, but on 15-22mm mdf, dont know what you are using
hope this helps

tom

hi jd, with mdf if i leave it for any period of time i lay it flat otherwise as you say it warps or bows,to sort it back out put it on two supports under at each end of the door, bout 4inch high will do it, put the door on it bowed side up and put something heavy on it like a car battery in the middle, put it on slowley and if you think it will crack stop, leave it for a few days. but keep checking it and it should sort it out to some degree, i dont think that it will bow the otherway :LOL:

its worked for me loads of times, but on 15-22mm mdf, dont know what you are using
hope this helps

tom

Sponsored Links
Buy the same size and number of sheets and lay on top, if it doesn't work, you have replacements!!! ;)

if you have done without them for the 2-3 months why bother to fit them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back