Warped Units

Big All

Here is a picture of most of the units. Just to the right of shot there are more units wich mirror part of the opposite wall but I think you can get an idea of how many units.
We were quoted £8k fitted but at the time of ordering, a year and a half ago, we were deep in recession. The company came back to us and offered to supply the kitchen for £6.5k but my wife knocked them down to £6k.
This price included all the units fitted, the sink and tap but no other appliances. They did not plumb the sink or dishwasher. The work tops are tilled which I did.
I don't know how this would compare to a B&Q kitchen.
The mouldings warped as well. They came out and tacked them back in place.

KenGMac,
You mention that the hinges are not that good! Can you recomend an alternative.

Cheers guys.

Sponsored Links
the hinges are fully functuning and will last many years

any other hinges will have to be cut in to fit so best to leave alone or pad out

i think you squeezed them on profit so they have parred costs to the bone :cry:

They look pretty good to me for wood. As above adjust the hinge fitting areas. Chisel out to increase gap or pack out with layers of cardboard under the hinge to decrease.

If top and bottom: If swollen plane some off.

The wood needed treating when new to not soak up moisture if they are.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for all your replies.

I have spoken to the fitters and they have agreed to come out again to look at the gaps and broken catches.

Yes, perhaps by screwing them down on price they lowered their quality. That said they offered to do it cheaper with out me asking, we just knocked them down a bit more. I run my own business and get screwed down on price all the time but I never lower my quality or I would loose all my customers!

From this forum I have learnt that I am not being picky and the timber used has not been seasoned enough. I can only hope the units settle down given time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back