Warping floorboards under carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Long term renter here who has just purchased his first house - hence completely useless and clueless when it comes to home improvement of any kind so would appreciate some advice!

I have recently moved into a 1973 5 bed detached house in West Yorkshire. We knew that the boiler was on the way out when we moved in so we have replaced with a new Valliant. Before being replaced the old boiler never went over 5 degrees just to ensure that the pipes did not freeze. Since then I have noticed that some floorboards have either been popping up a little under the carpet, or are now moving as if the nails have become dislodged. Nothing too major, you can't see it under the carpet and it is only me who is bothered about, my girlfriend has never mentioned it.

Of the ten rooms in the house there is probably a dodgy floorboard in six of them. I can't guarantee that none of the problems existed before the new boiler went in, but I hadn't noticed it before then so I'm assuming there is some kind of connection. The carpets are good in the house so I want to avoid ripping them up if at all possible.

Please can anyone advise what the issues could be down to and what I or a tradesmen could do about them?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back