Warranty Expectation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What kind of warranty should be expected on a newly laid patio?

I see some traders suggesting 4 year even.

Sponsored Links
A warranty is a guarantee and therefore only as good as its terms conditions and exclusions. So a long guarantee that's cut down may be worthless compared to 2 year or even 12 month guarantee that covers a wider range of things.

Blup

Look at the meaning Fit for purpose
Trading standards like this meaning when consumers have problems/ issues with goods or workmanship.

Sponsored Links
Yes, fit for purpose is a good tool. Yes, there is no paper warranty on this project - complicated, but other attachments I have will act as leverage if required.

I can see from the work done, that it'll have to be re-laid in 12 months. Wanted an idea when it comes to arguing his best option to fix now instead of later. I too have seen as much as 4 years. Though at least 12 months is expected, was looking for the 'norm', which may well be that 12 months.

Thanks folks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back