warranty on new ebay items

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know about warranties on new or used ebay items? For instance, if i were to buy a dishwasher, oven etc from ebay what should I be looking for? a manufacturers warranty, a receipt (often there isn't one)?

What about a one year old used item, that has a year of warranty left on it (eg. an oven)

Just wondering if i were to buy an appliance and something went wrong with it, would i be covered? Need to know where i stand on these things before considering a purchase.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
All appliances have a one year cover but you will
need serial number and p o p to claim. Garantee
most dealers sell app at least 6 months old .go to a internet company to buy not eBay unless it's really cheap .you take your chances with eBay.

decided to ask neff and this is what they came back with

A guarantee must be validated by a receipt from a bona fide Neff retailer and is valid for 12 months from date of purchase. If an appliance is registered within 30 days of the date of the original receipt it can be extended to 24 months from date of purchase. Anything bought from EBay is effectively second hand and would not be eligible for guarantee unless the seller had registered it with our insurers. They would then need to write to our insurers to transfer the warranty to the new owner.

So, if I understand them correctly, what they are saying is that unless there is a receipt from a recognised Neff retailer, they won't honour any warranty. I don't think there are many bona fide Neff retailers on ebay. Anyone ever bought an appliance from a non bona fide Neff retailer and had the need to use the warranty? Seeing as how many there are listed on ebay (many claiming to be new and with warranty, though probably not a valid receipt) it may be something potential buyers should be aware of. Any opinions?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back