Was I sent the wrong part and isolating the water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The on/off switch for my Mira shower broke. Did they send me the wrong part. I think I got the flow
Was I sent the flow valve assembly?

Also, I tried to isolate the water from room behind.
20200105_153115.jpg
20200105_150908.jpg
20200105_150348.jpg
I turned it completely round four times clockwise bit water wouldn't shut off, am I doing something wrong?

Sponsored Links
Looks like the flow valve assembly to me. Where did you purchase from and did you ask for correct part? The isolation valve is quarter turn so horizontal on pipe.

The top assembly is the power level switch, the bottom assembly is the temperature flow switch, the very bottom switch is the on/off switch.

mira_play_start_stop_switch_assembly_1539.352.jpg

Is it the bottom on/off switch you need, if so then I don't think it's available any more.

Sponsored Links
Jesus Wept...............................words fail me.

Didn't see the bottom part of the message :eek: Just realised that after Andy's comments.

OP ... You need to have the ISO valve slot at right angle to the valve to shut the water off. If that is a struggle then taking your shower apart might not be the best idea. If it's the on/off power button switch that is gone though, as per my previous post, then you don't need to turn the water off, it's the power that needs to be off.

Looks like the flow valve assembly to me. Where did you purchase from and did you ask for correct part? The isolation valve is quarter turn so horizontal on pipe.

Apparently they sent me the wrong part (for a different shower) and are sending me the correct flow valve. I tried to explain to the woman on the phone that it was the on off switch which isn't working. I can turn shower off with external switch in other room. I just want to turn switch on /off at shower-she said I needed the flow valve (which they sent) but for wrong model. Is she right?

The top assembly is the power level switch, the bottom assembly is the temperature flow switch, the very bottom switch is the on/off switch.

mira_play_start_stop_switch_assembly_1539.352.jpg

Is it the bottom on/off switch you need, if so then I don't think it's available any more.

Well I can't turn the shower on/off at the shower unit
(can at switch in other room), so would that be the on off switch i need? I asked the woman on phone at Mira and she said I needed flow valve. Is she talking rubbish? Do I need on/off switch?

I would try turning the ISO 50 times clockwise then 49 and 1/4 times anticlockwise. Always works for me.

Well I can't turn the shower on/off at the shower unit
(can at switch in other room), so would that be the on off switch i need? I asked the woman on phone at Mira and she said I needed flow valve. Is she talking rubbish? Do I need on/off switch?
Sounds like the woman doesn't understand what it is you want.
Try telling her that the on/ off switch has electric cables connected to it !!

Sounds like the woman doesn't understand what it is you want.
Try telling her that the on/ off switch has electric cables connected to it !!

I'll call back and tell them to send me one (on/off switch). Thick idiots. I told them before that was what I needed not a flow valve

If it's the big pressy iny and outy button at the bottom of the shower then yes, it's a new on/off button, which I don't think you'll, seems they might not make it any more.

Have you check the back of the button on the front case as there may be a rod that is supposed to hit the button when pressed, they break sometimes too.

If it's the big pressy iny and outy button at the bottom of the shower then yes, it's a new on/off button, which I don't think you'll, seems they might not make it any more.

Have you check the back of the button on the front case as there may be a rod that is supposed to hit the button when pressed, they break sometimes too.
No, cause when u press the black button with case off it still doesn't work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back