Washable Paints on to Newly PLastered Walls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Looking for some advice please. Having the whole of our house replastered due to an extension and refurb. Was going to buy Wickes New PLasters paint for the first coat unless someone can suggest something cheaper that'll do just as well.

I was then hoping to paint all of the walls with Dulux Endurance paints so that they can easily be cleaned. I've been advised elsewhere that I'm best to leave these sort of paints for at least 6 months or so, is this correct?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You dont have to wait 6 months to apply your paint, but you should allow the freshly plastered walls to dry out before you paint.

Dulux recomend that you first apply a plaster sealer before application, yet a contract emulsion thinned with around 20 to 30% water will serve just as well.

The important point here is to make sure the skim is dry before you apply your paint.

Dec.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back