Washer and dishwasher waste.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to connect a dishwasher and washer to a 40mm waste that runs along the back wall under the worktop and is about 18 inches from the ground. I can't move the position of the pipe and I cant bring any part forward or the washer won't go back far enough.

Can anyone give me any idea on the best way to connect the wastes to this pipe? I'm guessing that there has to be a trap to stop bad air from the soil pipe that it feeds into. Would it be possible to put a U bend in the main run of the 40mm pipe and feed the waste straight into the pipe or do they need a trap at the point of entry?

Any ideas gratefully recieved.

Sponsored Links
you could use a running trap or a Hep V O waste valve in the main run ...close as poss. to the entry of the outlet tubes from the appliances

Nige F said:
you could use a running trap or a Hep V O waste valve in the main run ...close as poss. to the entry of the outlet tubes from the appliances

Thanks for that Nige. Is a running trap like a U bend in the main run?

I've never heard of the Hep-V O so I'll check that out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back