Washer/Dryer not working....3rd time.....!!! Babies=clothes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Hence the name am having problems with my hotpoint aquarius wd640.
With 2 kiddies in tow(one a v. messy baby) I need help !

I swear I will never buy another machine like it, but for now I'm stuck with the thing.

Not sure why, but it seems after a period of inactivity the dryer refuses to heat up.
It spins, makes all the right noises but does not DRY !!!!

This is the third time it has happened, the first it was covered under guarantee(alarm bells should have started ringing then)

Then got it fixed feb this year(baby on way) and now it's broken again.

Any ideas, oh sages of the board what the problem might be?

I contacted the guy who fixed it for me in Feb, but he wants to charge me another 40 to come out and fix it again.....

:confused: :cry: :( :confused: :(

Sponsored Links
no, actually, that should read .......

40 to come out and have a look !!!

not fix it :confused: :(

I've been reading posts from other queries regarding another hotpoint dryer and the problem was directed to the thermostat(s)....?

Could it be the same problem ?

No point posting in Electrics as your electrics obviously work.

I'll ask the moderators to move you to appliances.

too late now...

but washer/driers are notoriously unreliable, and not very good at either washing or drying :cry:

I expect you will say you haven't got room for separate machines.

BTW I only know about Bosch, but they offer a (rather expensive) fixed-price repair whiuch includes one year's cover for future repairs. Might be worth asking the manufacturer's service dept.

Sponsored Links
check the heater element on top and themo fuse poss open circuit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back