Washer replacements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DA4003C0-F291-43DF-A7BB-433A5BA3E890.jpeg
DA4003C0-F291-43DF-A7BB-433A5BA3E890.jpeg
Hi again
For some strange reason the video will not upload but the photo will!... anyway the water constantly dips ( feels like the hot water) and sometimes just teems .....is it the washers ? If it is how do I change them . any info I would be grateful

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately these are quarter turn ceramic tap inserts and will need replacing.
Many types are available, Lunns.net are one of the best suppliers if you cant find them locally.
John :)

Hi John
As I’m a complete novice
Thanks for that, so do you mean the inserts need replacing or the tap itself
Cheers

Would you be able Togo on the Luna website ( I have) and post a pic of what I need?
I’m a pain

Sponsored Links
Basically, the tap handles need to come off, followed by the chrome shrouds.....this reveals a hexagon that you unscrew to remove the insert.
Unfortunately you’ll need to count the handle splines and measure various other dimensions before the correct insert can be identified :(
The good news is, Lunns et al have a good site with pics.
John :)

My (admittedly limited) experience of ceramic 1/4-turn taps is that the ceramic parts survive but leaks/drips are due to the rubber seal losing its springiness. This is curable by replacing the seal. If you can't source an exact replacement easily it can be cut from rubber sheet. I've done this successfully using 4mm (your mileage may vary) neoprene sheet cut with a length of thin steel strip sharpened on one long edge and bent into a circle of appropriate diameter.

Hi Guys
I am confident I doing this but when you get knocked back on the first step !ie Allen key on the grub screw under the tap won’t budge or just turns ( probably stripped it now ) you tend to lose faith..... I suppose the whole tap will need replacing now? Or any ideas guys
Cheers

Try applying some lubricant to the screw and leave to soak for a few hours or overnight then try and remove it, if that won’t budge or it has rounded, the. I’m sure somewhere would have replacement grub screws.

Hi Novice
Yeah I’m sure I’d get some replacement grub screws but problem is removing the old ones..... however I will spray some wd40 on them and see what happens there, I’ll update tomorrow
Cheers

Are you sure you have the correct Allen key ? Metric and imperial keys are similar in certain sizes ,but you need to be sure of an exact fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back