Washers: A or B?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the difference between "form A" washers, and "form B" washers? (and is there a "form C", I wonder?)

Sponsored Links
Sorry to go of post.

Handyman I put you another name on your stud post did you miss it?

Have you managed to locate the stud?

Yes there is a C washer and D,E,F and G!

I didn't know either, out of curiosity I found newform distribution. It wouldn't let me post you a link so have a go on google.

D & J (or perhaps "Form D, and form J :LOL: ),
Got your additional note about studding, but haven't got it yet. Job has been delayed until Autumn, but I will buy A4 stainless components from Tool-net in due course, as they've been most helpful, even to the point of adding what I need to their website :D

I've visited Newform's website, and yes, they do all sorts of washer "forms", but I still couldn't find out what the difference is. As I pointed out in another thread, if I know the difference, I would be able to make a more informed choice of the correct product to use. I've sent them an email.

Sponsored Links
Standby for washer edification:

Form A: ext. diameter same as hexagon, with thick cross section
Form B: same as "A", but thin cross-section
Form C: ext. diameter larger than hexagon, with thick cross section
then diameter increases as far as:
Form G: where ext. diameter is 3 times bore diameter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back