Washing M/C and dishwasher - One waste outlet ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Firstly I hope i've posted this in the right forum! It was a toss up between this and the plumbing forum.

I have a washing machine and a dishwasher which will be sat side by side when fitted. I have one hole through the wall (behind the washing m/c) ready to accept a waste pipe.

I would like the waste from both appliances to leave via this single waster pipe. Having read through previous similar question and replies, it looks as if the best method is to have to separate stand pipes, with then being joined by a T. Is this correct.

I dont need another hole through the wall for a separate stand pipe and trap do i ?

If so, here's where i'm confused. Where do i stick the T (polite replies only please). I have a standard washing machine trap and standpipe (40mm). Do I insert the T into there somewhere ? What does a T even look like ??? (links to the products on Screwfix perhaps?)

Breezer, whilst roaming the forums I did find summat you knocked up using MS Paint by the look of it. Im sorry but the diagram wasnt clear enough for a newbie such as myself :( .

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Is the dishwasher near the sink area or can you extend the pipe to the sink trap then change the sink trap as in picture for the dishwasher and leave the washing waste pipe on it own.
p1939585_l.jpg

Available from here

The other way would be to use it on the same pipe by fitting this as low as possible.
p1060769_l.jpg

Having said this it would be best to have it own pipe.

i have often found those spiggots block up all too easily, that is why a stand pipe is recomended

Sponsored Links
i agree with the fluf, but i never worked on d/w but i should suspect they block with food, hence the standpipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back