Washing M/C & Dishwasher Switched Supplies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Something has been puzzling me about the wiring in out kitchen.

The dishwasher & washing M/C are not built, however the washing M/C has a wall mounted switch to isolate it without needing to pull it out. The dishwasher however does not, seams a little odd to me.

The wiring is untouched since the place was built in 1999.

Sponsored Links
maybe they where installed at different times, ie the washing machine installed, then decided at a later date the get a dishwasher and just plug it in, or one upgraded and the other not.

I did say the wiring is untouched since the house was built in 1999.

efa

Sponsored Links
I did say the wiring is untouched since the house was built in 1999.

efa

have you lived in it since new, installation get modified all the time during builds.
How old's the kitchen, could quite easily, manipulated what was there to make a new or a different than the one originally planned kitchen fit.

We have lived in it since new, we have (until now) had no modifications carried out to the kitchen.

It's the same.

In a bizzare twist, the bloody dishwasher packed up last night, so just in time for the new kitchen build I have ordered a semi-integrated one (which I'll be popping a switch above the worktop for)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back