Washing Machine and Dishwasher waste connector question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you use the duel connector (v33wm see photo) directly onto a 38mm pipe which goes to a downpipe but without using a trap ? The down pipe goes into an open gulley ( it is not a 4" loo stack).

V33WM.jpg

Sponsored Links
No, that fitting still has an opening at the top, to allow it to vent. Needs to be fitted to the top of a standpipe.

Yes ok - Can I just create a little stand pipe feeding directly into another pipe but without a trap in circuit.
Basically , I cannot insert a WM inlet above the sink trap as the outlet would then be below the outgoing pipe.
So I want to T into the outgoing pipe and put a stand pipe in the T.

Sponsored Links
OK will try to include a second trap - getting a bit crowded under that sink though !!

Thanks

If you're struggling with height, I'd seriously look at knocking another hole through the wall and running a new 40mm waste out to the gulley. I would be concerned using that device on a short upstand, the water isn't going get away quick enough and you're going to get an eruption from the top of it into your cupboard...

Thanks - looked outside flat and found the out pipe is connected to a down pipe not much lower than where it exits the wall.
Anyway I now know all the factors involved !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back