Washing machine connection - should I replace with FCU ?

c00

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The washing machine in my kitchen plugs into a socket under the counter. On the wall above the surface, there is a switch (on/off, red LED, not fused though).

I notice that it's recommended to fit a fused connection switch if installing this sort of socket hidden under a worktop. Would anyone be able to advise whether I should replace the existing switch with a FCU? (Presumably this would be safer?)

Alternatively, I could just replace it with a normal switched socket and bring the lead from the machine up above the worktop to plug it in - would there be any good reason for not doing this ?

Thanks in advance.....

Sponsored Links
You need to establish that the switch is feeding that socket.
The only requirement is that an appliance should be able to be isolated for maintenance and protected by an adequately rated fuse, the plug will fullfill these requirements.

Great - it definitely supplies the socket, but as you say, the washing machine plug is fused, obviously.

Thanks for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back