washing maching plug socket

Electric cookers may have to be hard wired due to their rating - which would preclude using a plug/socket connection.

That's gonna be one big old cooker to exceed 125 amps!
359.jpg

Sponsored Links
Oooh..you got me there Sean :) ...but seriously:-

What's the British Standard of the items in the picture? What's the Ib of the cooker circuit you are alluding to? Is the cooker circuit you allude to a Standard Circuit Arrangement for households and similar arrangements as found in the OSG, or is it a bespoke design complying with BS7671 (and if so, would you have a record or the design and installation details to attach to the EIC?)

So because it isn't in the OSG, you can't install a ceeform socket in a domestic kitchen? It's BS EN 60309 which replaced 4343 btw (which is what I still thought it as tbh!) A single socket with adequate cabling back to the distribution board is fine for all intents and purposes, if it tests ok, I admit 125 amp is unlikely to be found. I didn't say I'd wired one did I?

Did I say you would wire one? Did I say anything else about the OSG and what may or not be possible?

Like I posted, I thought what you posted was funny.

I merely added an element of the serious in the hope that people would think about the implications of using such an item, if indeed they should decide to do so.

Sponsored Links
Should see some of the places I've seen a ceeform connector used - in a plastic bag underwater anyone?

At an outdoor live event.... (and no it wasn't a high enough IP rating to be submerged, hence the plastic bag and gaffer tape - three phase too I believe...)
Then again my old boss did once try to run some 22 amps of lighting and computer equipment from a newly installed 13 amp socket in a workshop - hence me doing the sparky stuff from then on, overspeccing everything although always on a tight power budget in the venue :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back