Switch with or without neon

Sponsored Links
You don't have children, do you?
Yes.

And at no point have I ever believed that a kitchen or a utility room is a suitable place for children to go unsupervised.

I know that some people do - I know that some people neither know nor care that every year more than 67,000 children experience an accident in the kitchen.

If you are one of those people I hope your children were lucky not to suffer from that aspect of bad parenting

I make sure there is nothing in our kitchen which can harm our children. Being 3 yrs old she is now at the age where she will pull a chair over to get things off the worktop.
There fore all knives are in a draw, all draws and cupboards have locks on. You can not stop a 3 yr old from going into a kitchen. All you can do is the best you can to make sure that if they do , it is as safe as possible, and to educate them on why not to do or touch certain things.
Obviously is the hob or oven is on, then more precautions need to be taken.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure?
If so, what would it do on 'minimum' with the door open?

Quite sure. I have no idea what it would do set to 'minimum' with the doors open, presumably run the compressor non-stop in a vain attempt to cool the interior and waste a shed-load of power trying to cool the entire world in the process.

The thing is as basic as basic can be. The fridge and freezer sections are controlled from a single dial. If I load up the freezer section with too much new stuff the compressor runs non-stop to bring that section down to target temperature and in the process freezes anything in the salad drawer at the bottom of the of the fridge section. Nice bag of salad you have there... shame to see it go all mushy :D I assume better made models have separate cooling pipework for each section so they can be controlled individually.

It was bargain basement price / brand when I bought it and it is getting on over 10 years old now - at least it has been reliable and not set anything on fire yet (something this brand got a bad press for some years back).

I'm not bad mouthing the thing, it was cheap and it has done good service - it'll go when I get around to doing something with the kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back