Washing machine/dishwasher valve leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Noticed the connector shown in this pic is leaking, the piece immediately after the cold tap.

Any idea what part I need? I can't seem to find anything similar that splits like it does.

Is it an easy thing to replace? Just switch the water supply off, undo the white valve and replace with the new one? Anything to be aware of?

Apologies for the stupid questions.

WADAex9.jpg

Sponsored Links
If the leak is where the union nut Connect's to the isolator ,just replace the 3/4 inch rubber washer.
If the leak is from the white plastic fitting itself ,because its cracked you need to replace it.
Not enough of it showing in pic ,but it looks like a Y shaped fitting for connecting two water hoses to ,is that what it is ? If so ,screwfix do them and the code is 81000 , Y piece 3/4"

Last edited:
Thanks so much Terry - really appreciated.

And the final stupid question - as long as I turn the water off at the stop tap it shouldn't be a messy job, right?!

If all you are going to do is undo the Y fitting from the isolator valve ,then turning the isolator to its OFF position is all you need to do ,but turning the main stopcock off makes good sense to be totally safe. Bear in mind there will be some water in both the hoses ,so be ready with bowl and towels !!

Sponsored Links
As per @terryplumb turn the stopcock off because its very easy to knock those wash machine levers to the on position when you're wrangling the downstream connections and when they open they spray water everywhere because of the chamferred outlet :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back